After signing up with CommPeak and getting your SIP account credentials, your next step is to register your SIP Account in CommPeak softphone, third-party application, or with your IP Phone to make your first call.
Download and install the softphone. Learn more in Getting Started.
Currently, CommPeak softphone is available for Windows and Ubuntu operating systems. Find more information in the System Requirements article.
- Find SIP credentials and server name in your CommPeak User Portal account. Open the account and go to VoIP Services -> SIP Accounts.
- User - click SHOW under Username/IP in a SIP account line
- Password - click Reset Password if you forgot it
- Domain - use one of the server names in the Server status section
- Launch the softphone and enter the data described above:
- Click LOGIN & START CALLING.
To illustrate the steps required for softphone configuration, we will use Zoiper.
Download Zoiper from https://www.zoiper.com/ and install it on your device.
Specify your SIP account credentials (username and password) in the start window and click Login.
In the next window, enter the domain (sip.commpeak.com) and click Next.
At the next step, click Skip.
Now, wait until the program tests possible configuration options.
When SIP TCP or SIP UDP is marked in green, you can click Next and skip the test for IAX UDP.
Click Configure to test your audio and video, or Skip to proceed without testing.
Zoiper will open. Now you can make your first call!
To dial a number, click the dialpad icon. Ensure a green mark is next to your username – it shows that you are connected to the network.